11.19.2014

wearing - 39/50

 photo style-2-17.jpg
 photo style-6-17.jpg
 photo style-12-1.jpg
 photo style-4-16.jpg
 photo style-3-17.jpg
 photo style-7-13.jpg
 photo style-5-16.jpg
coat - Old Navy (similar... but also totally different) // scarf - Joules // black jeans - H&M // boots - Old Navy (similar)  // socks - Jared's sock drawer

Don't let my smiling face fool you. I was actually snarling. Yesterday's high was 35 degrees, but the weather app enjoyed it all too much when letting us know that it actually felt like 25 degrees at 2pm.  It's supposed to warm up again next week, but coming home to a serious cold snap made us finally put it together & accept that 1. our new city is COLD & 2. we walk everywhere. It's going to be a fun winter.

But with this scarf around my neck, I just might survive. ISN'T IT PRETTY?? It's also the same size as the throw blanket on our couch, making it the stuff dreams are made of. One of the very first sartorial realizations we made upon arriving in London was that blanket scarves were everywhere. Which made sense, because it was fairly chilly/windy/rainy/exactly like the movies the entire time we were there. Buying a scarf in London & Paris was on my to-do list, but I had a pretty specific plaid in mind that I couldn't find anywhere. Truthfully, this scarf isn't the right plaid either, but when we wandered into Joules in Bath & I realized how soft & blanket-like this scarf was, I knew it belonged around my neck. Or draped across my entire body on the plane ride home. Or completely covering my head, neck & shoulders in yesterday's terribly windy weather.

I'm going to try really hard not to make these last 11 outfits a catwalk of my coats & scarves buuuut... No promises.

1 comment:

  1. It has been so cold here in Portland too and I have almost forgotten how to dress for this ridiculous cold weather! I love that cozy scarf though, and the color of the wall is wonderful. Great look!!

    ReplyDelete

because lezz be frandz.