3.30.2014

minus & plus

-
It's very nearly April (not a bad thing) which means that in three short weeks, I'll be at the beach, getting myself into a swimsuit. No no no no no. I mean, yes to the beach. No to hibernation season ending & everything that involves.
+
However, good things totally come to those who have to save up for frivolous purchases like swimsuits, & I got the bikini of my high-waisted dreams for half off. *embarrassing victory dance*
++
To be clear, the beach vacation is being welcomed with open arms in addition to pale, pale legs.

-
Headaches from weather changes
+
WEATHER CHANGES!

-
Speaking of headaches, I dreamed that I was taking family photos for Jennifer Lawrence's wedding, only she wasn't famous & she had like 17 siblings. There were also dogs. In a church sanctuary. It took Dream Kelsey like, 6 hours to take 3 good shots, only to realize that my memory card was full. & then I actually woke up with a headache.
+
Totally hung out with Jennifer Lawrence (sorta), so heyyy.

-
Waiting for a new season of a tv show to come out, only to find when it is available that the shininess of the original binge has worn off, & actually, this is a pretty terrible show. (I'm lookin' at YOU, Once Upon a Time.)
+
As if I needed another show to be watching.

+
I don't have a minus for this one, I just really love making Jared laugh. It might actually be a hobby. I think I've subconsciously been getting better at it over the years, too, because he's pretty darn handsome when he laughs. High five, self.

-
My overwhelming & instinctive need to overshare on Twitter. Why. WHYYYY.
+
I'm so not alone, which is probably why Twitter is my favorite. & maybe oversharing the weird, the self-conscious, & the judgy is a balance of the "curated" versions being shared elsewhere?

-
Really feeling like I nailed it in the make-up department only to get in the car & look in the rearview mirror. How is that the most revealing mirror in the universe? Is it the natural lighting? Whatever it is, it's evil & yet I need one for my bathroom.
+
It has kept me from going into work or wherever with a foundation streak across my forehead on more than one occasion. All hail, Rearview Mirror.

-
One chipped nail. One chipped nail is all it takes for me to go crazy town on the rest of my nails, & then there's suddenly nail polish confetti EVERYWHERE.
+
Grocery store clerk (is that the right term or is this a term right up there with "blouse?") complimenting my nail color & ranting about how she can't ever keep hers from chipping... Followed by me proudly holding up my other hand to show the 3 out of 5 fingers that didn't have polish on them. #relatable

-
Being really, really bad at thrifting. I usually end up with milk glass, & oops, missed the vintage whatever-whatever that only costs $4 that everyone else would have fought over.
+
I hardly have an upside to this, just that I'm determined to keep trying.

-
Actually having to get out of bed on a rainy Saturday morning, when there is actually a sleeping husband next to you because for once, he didn't have to leave the house at 6am. It feels like physical torture.
+
A 3pm church service on blessed Sundays, his day off, with more rain to go around. Amen & amen.

3 comments:

  1. Tomorrow is March 31st. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you hit the nail on the head with your twitter note - because I definitely more than balance things out with the rants I offer up on Twitter ;)

    YES, one-chipped-nail polish syndrome is what my life is all about - I've just given up trying :O

    And oh, thrifting. I've never found anything decent, EVER. I seriously have no idea how people do it. It's like sales-shopping, I just can't do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha YES, I fell for Once Upon A Time, it went on a break and then when I started watching it again, I couldn't remember why I liked it. Oh well, it was good while it lasted!

    ReplyDelete

because lezz be frandz.