9.07.2013

minus & plus


-
Just when I had gotten into the groove of my office-less way of life, I got called back in to freelance at my old job for a few months.
+
This was, honestly, perfect timing as my new ventures will definitely take a bit of time before they take off & I'm able to contribute to our finances again.
-
However... My time has been hijacked. So much so that I feel like two weeks have passed in the last four days.
+
But it's SATURDAY! YAAAAY!!!!
-
But I'm alone, on the couch, watching Juno.
+
Jared is off tomorrow, & I only work half a day, so I have a feeling our day will involve some of this early fall sunshine.
-
SPEAKING OF EARLY FALL... Am I the only person that hasn't sold their soul to all things pumpkin just yet? It just feels too early. Not that I'm clinging to summer, because good lawd above knows I'm an autumn baby through & through. But good grief, NO, I do not want pumpkin in my coffee, butter or beer just yet.
+
I did, however, muster up the courage to put my skinny jeans back on today & it wasn't nearly as terrifying as I imagined it would be.
-
Also not as promising of a sight as I remember... Which is sad, because the mosquitoes are still biting & my legs are ready to be hidden away for a few months.
+
Especially since I've invested in some fabulous boots for this fall.
-
Inspired by my sweet friend Chelsea, who is turning me absolutely green with envy over on her blog as she spends the week at NYFW. I NEED NYC IN MY LIFE!
+
But it brings back sweet memories of our fall trip to NYC a couple years ago. I can't believe it was that long ago! I would live that weekend over & over, Groundhog's Day-style, if I could.
-
Completely unrelated, I want to put it out there that I just ate chocolate for dinner.
+
That's good for my heart, right?
-
Or is it my brain...
+
Maybe just my well-being. Yep. *nods*
-
Or maybe this is why I just wadded up my good-fer-nothing skinny jeans like they could feel pain & shoved them in the back of my drawer.

+
You guys. It's September, Ellen Page is hilarious, & I'm pretty sure a bike ride is on tomorrow's agenda. Ain't no skinny jeans going to get me down.

This is a pretty weird post.

Minus & Plus posts were born in my attempts to find the silver lining to weird little negative things that follow me around. (Read more here!) Please feel free to jump on board the silver lining/rays of sunshine train with your own plus & minus posts, then share your link in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

because lezz be frandz.