8.13.2013

macarons and mulan


Ohhhhh, my aching body.

I'm currently experiencing the worst kind of aching body - The tired kind. The one that didn't come from an intense workout, or an sort of manual labor. No, just straight up tiredness mixed with driving back & forth to Richmond. Let it be know that this is a 1.5 hour drive that should NOT make your body ache except that it makes mine ache & I have no excuses for that.

COOL STORY, I know, but I mostly just wanted to drop by to say that 1. I'm exhausted so pardon my run-on &/or incomplete sentences 2. All I want is a Five Guys burger (ketchup, pickles, tomato - THX!) & 3. The Disney Pandora station is, in my opinion, the best way to stay alert while making even the shortest of roadtrips.

Amelia & I had the pleasure of teaching at a workshop today, speaking on "Smart Phone-ography" specifically geared towards event professionals. We were mostly sharing about using phone + social media for brand expansion as well as our personal favorite editing apps. We quickly learned that we could probably talk for 12 hours about these topics - I couldn't believe how much information there was to share once we got rolling. (Full disclosure, I'm breaking on of our own rules & sharing a picture here that I also shared on Instagram. OOPS.) Anywho, I finally got to meet & put faces to the name of so many Richmond vendors that I hear about/see online so often. Everyone was SO nice & much learning was to be had with the great panel of speakers that NACE had lined up. Plus, macarons. Always macarons.

The last time Amelia & I presented together was in the 2006 COMM 103 class where we met, when all-nighters were normal & the final slide was added to the Powerpoint presentation with 3 minutes to spare.  I wanted to believe that the whole we're-professionals-now would work in our favor, but I'll be darned if we weren't up till 2 a.m. last night fine-tuning our presentation. Like, WHAT?? That 5:30 a.m. alarm came REAL QUICK. My phone (aka alarm clock) is never more in danger of being smashed to pieces than when it's telling me I have to get out of bed after 3.5 hours of sleep.

After listening to Disney songs for almost two hours today, I am going to cocoon myself on the couch & watch Mulan on Netflix. Jared will most certainly get home from work tonight & question the choices I've made this evening, but I'll just explain that I had to get down to business. To defeat the Huns.

3 comments:

because lezz be frandz.