5.11.2013

oh, hey.

Pictured above is a post-it note that I wrote while in the middle of writing about 16 other post-it note reminders for events this weekend. It was one of those moments that I needed to just stop & rationalize whether the anxiety-induced tension that was accumulating in my neck was really worth it. Really, truly, grand-scheme-of-things worth it. In the moments that I have to stop & ask myself this question, the answer seems to usually be a big, fat, sloppy "no." I'm not trying to shrug off responsibility, or belittle whatever duty it is that is lying before me. It's just a reminder to breathe. That tomorrow is coming whether I like it, or whether I'm dreading it. & that tomorrow will eventually be yesterday.

Then there's the flip side to tomorrows & yesterdays, & this side looks a lot like doing my baby sister's hair for the prom I am subconsciously doubting she is old enough to attend (because BABY. SISTER.), or looking at the calendar & realizing that May is already halfway over & we've been to the beach zero times. I could go on, but I'm imagining that my existentialism will only hold your attention but for so long. It's been a long day that started at 4:00 a.m. I may or may not be eating hummus for "dinner" as I type because there is still so much to get done before the end of the day.

So... Deep breath.

& oh hey, oxygen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

because lezz be frandz.