4.25.2013

916 days + life right now

April 23rd was our 2.5 year "anniversary" (... Which we probably would never remember except that my birthday is 12 days before our anniversary & I never forget my half-birthday.) My mind gets a little melty when I try to fathom that it's been over two years since our wedding day. But I also get a little tickled at how much we are still figuring out. He's still learning to wipe the counter down. I'm still learning to use a coaster. We're both still learning to just go ahead & wash the dishes right then.

The rhythms of this marriage thing are the sweetest beat. Some, we've fallen into so easily. Rhythms that I know we'll still be tapping our feet to when we're 90 years old & sitting on the front porch swing. There's still a lot of rhythms to learn. So many quirks to adjust to. So many little things that, when remembered, speak LOVE in a big booming voice. I certainly don't think that we're supposed to be professionals at this married thing after 2.5 years of mawiage. It's a drop in the pond, really.

But at 915 days in, I know that he's going to replace the tooth brushes because he's the germaphobe. & he knows that I'm always going to keep chocolate & pita chips in supply for him, even when I'm on a diet. He knows that silence is required when I'm writing, & I know that he's pretty much always going to fall asleep when reading. & most importantly, we both know that when La Vie en Rose plays, we stop what we're doing & dance. We have learned. We are learning. & there is so much love growing in our souls & weaving into the fabric of our beings in between.

SAP ATTACK! I could go on, or I could tell you more about our week?

------------

I've officially lost 10 lbs, which is about 8 lbs. away from my target weight, heyooooo! Event season is busy at work, & my nose has already been burnt once. Jared is nearing the end of this semester with gold stars & A+++'s. We've enjoyed every moment of watching Cardinals games on MLBtv (thanks, dad!) & don't look now, but I totally have Jared hooked on Grey's Anatomy ("Does he die?" "Yes." "Does she die?" "Yes.")  We've declared war on the ants that think they own this apartment. One roach sighting (& subsequent stomping) induced a full-blown kitchen scrub down. I ordered an entire box of coconut water through Amazon & refuse to admit how many I've already downed.

I'm hoping to be able to get some more outfit photos up in here... Soon. I feel like I've fallen out of the blogging groove as April has once again brought in the event season at work, which has once again slapped me across the face. So, pardon my less-than-graceful blogging consistency this month. I'm on it.

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely. :) We still lots to figure out, too, even almost 4 years in...isn't it the best?! ;) PS-Mr. Phillips is pretty hooked on Grey's, too...though I'm sure he'd deny it.

    ReplyDelete

because lezz be frandz.