1.16.2013

some things about january

 from our Christmas stay at the beach.

IN JANUARY, I've rendered myself one handed due to the great finger massacre of 2013, & am therefore avoiding things like pushing, lifting, squeezing, pressing, swinging, bending, etc. when it comes to my poor right arm. Unavoidable one-handed activities include (but are not limited to): putting toothpaste on a toothbrush, taking a bra off, pulling boots on, wriggling into skinny jeans (OMG THE WORST), typing, turning the key in the car's ignition, hair brushing, armpit shaving, dish washing... I could go on forever. So, I get it. I use my right arm a lot. LESSON LEARNED, 10-4, LOUD & CLEAR.

IN JANUARY, I visited our new Whole Foods for the first time & nearly bought 6 different kinds of beans just because they looked so pretty in their display. Then spent 15 minutes in the CHOCOLATE AISLE (as in, an aisle of chocolate) & learned that 55% chocolate with cherries & almonds is like the nectar of the gods. & can even be eaten with one hand. 

IN JANUARY, Jared has woken up before 5:00 a.m. for work approximately 13 times more than I have in my whole life. I keep warning him that he better not become a morning person, because morning people are evil, chirpy people that shouldn't be married to night people. Unless they want things frequently thrown at their heads. But really, he's working so hard, & I so greatly appreciate him. Even at the cost of painfully mumbling "Iluhhhyoutuhhh..." at 4:15 a.m. when he kisses me goodbye.

IN JANUARY, Miss Chelsea Diane went from photographer legend, to next door neighbor, to dear friend. We've been getting to know each other over lattes, photography adventures in the woods & a couple glasses of sparkling red wine. She is a sweet one. & she taught me to knit. Level 9 of becoming an old lady complete!

IN JANUARY, I've managed to contract the redecorating-the-family-room-&-maybe-the-kitchen? bug that's been going around (No? Just me?), so I'm just waiting to win the lottery. Or maybe I'll pick up potato stenciling art. That's probably pretty cheap.

& that's just the first half of the month.


No comments:

Post a Comment

because lezz be frandz.