9.02.2012

'tis grace


this morning, I played piano for the very last time as the music director at our church. it's definitely the end of an era, & it is good. it really is! it's been a good 4 year run, & it's a good step forward for me, for the church. but that doesn't make it any less sentimental. seriously, I know that piano almost as well as I know my parents', & that's saying something.

for so, so many years I've been on that stage, praising Jesus! & of course, the praising doesn't stop, but the last minute offertory rehearsals do. the late-saturday night "I FORGOT TO DO THE POWER POINT FOR WORSHIP!" panic attacks are over. & my favorite - waking up at 6 a.m. for worship rehearsal even though I only left work at 2 a.m. is (joyfully) a thing of the past. I've loved (nearly) every moment of it, though. & I am grateful for all of it.

I have been so blessed by being a part of the music at our church. I have also been pushed & strained because of it. every direction it pulled me was God moving in me. moving forward, moving (what often felt like) backwards. He made it an anchor for me, for better and for worse. I am so excited for the new director & what he is bringing to the church & the worship team that I've been given the opportunity to love so hard & for so long. I'm excited for what's next. excited for the journey.

'tis grace that brought me safe thus far
Amazing Grace by Sufjan Stevens on Grooveshark
Soli Deo gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment

because lezz be frandz.