8.07.2012

rollin' rollin' rollin'

I know it's been quiet around here, but we're just all sorts of everywhere these days. we're currently in the middle of moving from one city to another... only about a 20 minute drive, but I think knowing that it's so close has made the moving process more slow-goins than if we were moving 20 states away. I've felt a little frantic as I've watched things get pulled off our shelves & emptied out of cupboards & closets, feeling a little hesitant to close this chapter that's been so good to us. but! being in the new apartment tonight with the first load of boxes was good. good for my nerves. good for my emotions. I know I'll love the wood floors instead of carpet. I know I'll feel all sorts of fancy living on a cobblestone street instead of an apartment complex parking lot. & of course, I'll feel at home wherever Jared is. it's still hard, though. I'm still attached to this first little home & all of its wonderfulness.

so it was good when, right on cue, God sent us a new upstairs neighbor that has been rehearsing riverdance for the last two nights. I mean, I'm pretty sure it's riverdance, anyway. it's river-dancy enough to make this place seem a little easier to leave. just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment

because lezz be frandz.